|Final Fantasy Legend III|
Jikuu no Hasha: Sa·Ga 3 [Kanketsu Hen]
Sunsoft (1998 rerelease)
|Release date(s)||Japan December 13, 1991|
United States/Canada September 29, 1993
Re-released by Sunsoft in 1998
|Game modes||Single player|
Final Fantasy Legend III - (Jikuu no Hasha ~ SaGa3 [Kanketsu Hen] in Japan) is the third game in the SaGa series and was developed and published by Square. Initially released in Japan in 1991, the game was translated and released in North America in November 1993 by Square America Co, and later by Sunsoft in 1998. Unlike its predecessor, the story of Final Fantasy Legend III combines fantasy with sci-fi elements concerning time travel.
In September 2010, Japanese magazine Famitsu announced that a remake of Final Fantasy Legend III for the Nintendo DS was being developed and would feature fully three-dimensional cel-shaded graphics. It was released on January 6, 2011, so far exclusively in Japan.
Final Fantasy Legend III features four permanent player characters as well as five guest characters who are only briefly controlled by the player. Most of the main characters are children sent from the future into the present so they can change the doomed future, and find a way to put a stop to the Water Entity.
- Arthur: The main character of the game who was sent back in time from the future to the present. He starts out as a Human fighter.
- Curtis: One of the children sent with Arthur to the present. He starts as a mutant who is good at casting black magic.
- Gloria: A female mutant who accompanied Arthur to the present. In contrast to Curtis, she is more skilled with white magic.
- Sharon: The granddaughter of Dharm's Elder from the present. Like Arthur, she is a fairly skilled fighter. She seems to be infatuated with Arthur.
- Myron: A skilled fighter who grew up with Arthur and the others in the future. He lends his support but does not accompany them any further in their journey.
- Lara: A young woman who was brainwashed by Dogra. She was raised by Granny in Elan.
- Dion: A boy from the present who eventually trains to become a powerful rebel leader in the future. He is a strong warrior.
- Faye: A girl from the present Dharm who grew up with Dion to become a strong warrior.
- Borgin: A man rebelling against the Pureland Entity in the future. He is the one who decided to send Arthur and the others to the present. In the remake, he is the true final boss and is the same entity as the Wanderer, a mysterious man who appears in the Talon.
[Can also call it Allusion or Connection if it's in a series]
- [Official site]
- Wikipedia page