|Final Fantasy Tactics|
Fainaru Fantajī Takutikusu
|Release date(s):||JP June 20, 1997|
NA January 28, 1998
|Game modes:||Single Play|
|Producer:||Tetsuo Mizuno, Tomoyuki Takechi|
|Scenario writer:||Yasumi Matsuno|
|Character designer:||Akihiko Yoshida|
|Composer(s):||Hitoshi "YmoH.S" Sakimoto, Masaharu "Rezon" Iwata|
Final Fantasy Tactics is a game developed by Square. Released in 1997, it features a medieval setting based around Final Fantasy themes and concept.
There are seven player characters and an infinite amount of generic party members.
- Ramza Beoulve: Member of the noble Beoulve family.
- Mustadio Bunanza: Son of a machinist.
- Agrias Oaks: Holy Knight and guardian to a princess.
- Rafa Galthana:: Assassin and sister to Malak.
- Malak Galthana: Assassin and brother to Rafa.
- Count Cidolfas "Thundergod Cid" Orlandu: Famed knight and general of a fifty year-old war.
- Meliadoul Tingel: Daughter of a famed Knight of the Church.
Final Fantasy Tactics takes place in the Kingdom of Ivalice that has just seen the end of a war, and is facing hard times with nobles bickering for power and peasants revolting against their rulers.