|Final Fantasy VIII|
Fainaru Fantajī VIII
|Developer(s):||Square Co., Ltd.|
|Publisher(s):||JP Square Co., Ltd.|
NA SCE America
EU SCE Europe
|Release date(s):||Playstation version:|
JPFebruary 11, 1999
NASeptember 9, 1999
EUOctober 27, 1999
JPMarch 23, 2000
NAJanuary 25, 2000
EUFebruary 18, 2000
|Game modes:||Single player|
|Scenario writer:||Kazushige Nojima|
|Character designer:||Tetsuya Nomura|
Final Fantasy VIII is the eighth installment in the Final Fantasy series and was released in 1999.
There are ten playable characters:
- Squall Leonhart: Student from Balamb Garden who wants to become a SeeD,
- Rinoa Heartilly: Member of the group Forest Owls,
- Zell Dincht: Student from Balamb Garden who wants to become a SeeD,
- Quistis Trepe: Instructor from Balamb Garden,
- Irvine Kinneas: Sharpshooter from Galbadia Garden,
- Selphie Tilmitt: Student from Trabia Garden, comes to Balamb to become a SeeD,
- Seifer Almasy: Leader of the Disciplinary Committee in Balamb Garden,
- Laguna Loire: Soldier from Galbadia.
- Kiros Seagill: Soldier from Galbadia.
- Ward Zabac: Soldier from Galbadia.
- Edea: Sorceress of the present.
The game takes place on a planet plagued by monsters that descend from the moon. A military nation called Galbadia is invading its neighbors, and a mercenary squad called SeeD is hired to defend these territories.
Final Fantasy elementsEdit
Used as transportation and also a sidequest involving catching Chicobos, or baby chocobos.
The headmaster of Balamb Garden, who knows nothing about machinery.
A Crystal is used to summon monsters from the moon.
Non-existant except as a GF summon.
Known as Guardian Forces, or GF.