Secret of Evermore is a game released by Squaresoft in 1995 for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System featuring a young boy and a dog as its main characters. The game features several cameos by Final Fantasy characters, namely Cecil from Final Fantasy IV as a secret NPC; Terra, Locke, Strago, Mog and Umaro, all famous from Final Fantasy VI, standing in the crowd at the coliseum and finally, an item called the "Chocobo's Egg". Art by Daniel Dociu.
- Japan: not released
- North America: October 1, 1995 by Squaresoft
- Europe: February 22, 1996 by Squaresoft
The storyline was set on the two main characters, who accidentally get involved with a mad scientist and sent back into time. The style of the game is slightly like Secret of Mana. The goal of the game is to get the boy and the dog back to their own time.
- Boy - the main character from Podunk, he is accompanied on his adventures by his dog.
- Dog - fights alongside the boy, the dog changes form depending on which era the boy is in. He can also sniff out special items.
- Elizabeth - one of the four creators of Evermore, she goes by the name "Fire Eyes" and watches over Prehistoria.
- Blimp - a caveman
- Horace - one of the four creators of Evermore, he can be found in Antiqua.
- Sidney Ruffleberg - the professor from Metroplex who makes it possible for people to travel to Evermore. He created Evermore with three other people.
- Magmar - he lives in lava, which heals him if he is injured.
- Aegis - a huge stone statue of a head with glowing eyes
- Timberdrake - a dragon
- Aquagoth - an octopus
- Camillia - one of the four creators of Evermore, she has been supplanted by an evil twin robot.
- Verminator - possibly the hardest boss in the game, Verminator is a magical cloaked rat.
- Carltron - created by Ruffleberg, he is an evil robot masquerading as an old man.
- Thraxx - the boss of Bugmuck swamp, he resembles a gigantic mutated ant.