|Welcome to the Square Wiki|
|We hope you'll enjoy browsing the Wiki. Should you wish to contribute, here are great starting points:|
Yes, please dump any Square images you have here and I'll gladly take care of the rest! Blue。 01:21, 8 February 2008 (UTC)
Cool! Right now, I'd like to focus on Threads of Fate contents. It was one of the Square games I played, besides Vagrant Story and...Chocobo Racing :) Blue。 01:48, 8 February 2008 (UTC)
Got some good stuff. I'm not going to upload any really big stuff. You know, guidelines and what-not.
- Guidelines...you say? As long as its official art and not fan art, it's a go here. That's about it I think. Blue。 01:53, 8 February 2008 (UTC)
Okay, it's all coming in at new files.
Do you have any 3D models of Keyblades? We could use some in the Kingdom Hearts Wiki. Crabclaw, Dark Keyblade, Diamond Dust, Jungle King, Kairi's Keyblade, Lionheart, Metal Chocobo, One Winged Angel, Pumpkinhead, Spellbinder, Three Wishes, and Ultima Weapon (original KH version).
And you're invited to join that Wiki too. Blue。 02:30, 8 February 2008 (UTC)
Thank you, but I'm already a member. Sadly, no. I don't have any 3-D images of Keyblades. I'll keep searching when I have the time!
Sysop rights, perhaps? Edit
I'm sorry, Icy. But as you can see, I am not a bureaucrat. Only bureaucrats can make sysops out of users, but I am just a normal sysop. In MTWiki, you are bureaucrat, that's why you can make me a sysop. I think you have to ask a Wikia staffer or somebody. Blue。 06:19, 23 February 2008 (UTC)
- Welsh hasn;t been around. I asked a Wikia staffer to make me admin. I asked User:PanSola and User:Angela. The latter made me sysop. Blue。 17:56, 25 February 2008 (UTC)
Long time no hear Edit
- I'm over at Capcom Database Wikia. I haven't been able to tear myself away. I'm the obssessive type, you see. icy 19:58, 30 April 2008 (UTC)
Umm, of what game? icy 20:09, 30 April 2008 (UTC)
- FFXII. The Bradyguide Special Edition has this Special Artbook which I hear have CG renders of characters, espers, airships, weapons, enemy hunt pictures and the like. I would really like to have the weapons and enemy hunt scans. Bluer 20:15, 30 April 2008 (UTC)
- I do apologize firsthand if this request is in conflict with your notion of copyrighted images. Bluer 20:40, 30 April 2008 (UTC)
Well, Blue. Here's what I'll do then. Go on Photobucket, type username spider1967, password nortel, and everything I have is yours! Are you excited now? icy 20:42, 30 April 2008 (UTC)
- Im sorry, Icy, but right after i left the message above I logged out. I know I was selfish on asking for things i don't deserve. I will go look for them on my own. Sorry. :) Bluer 16:37, 1 May 2008 (UTC)
Re:Too much fighting? Edit
That's the curse of bigger wikis, IMHO; everyone thinking they have a say over things. This little wiki is my sanctum now, while I let off steam after working in the bigger wikis. I'm not sure what kind of images I'd like, though high quality character images and artwork would be very welcomed. And thanks for contacting me :) Bluer 20:45, 25 October 2008 (UTC)
Code Age Commanders Edit
Chocobo's Dungeon 2!! Edit
That's like offering a warm bed to a sleepy person! Any Square fan such as myself would be very, very pleased to see more Chocobo-related stuff floating in the internets! I don't want to push you (gadzooks...what am I saying!?) but if and when you can, please can you share them `w`
- Oh... yes... I'm done contributing to the FFWiki, as you can see in my userpage there. But no worries, looking forward to the scans! BLUER一番 19:52, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
- PS: Just a nitpick, I dunno, but Yksehyniycul thinks I was the one who had "driven" you "away" from editing in the Megami Tensei Wiki. I do hope that's not the case, but I'm really sorry if it is. BLUER一番 20:14, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
Square Press Vault? Edit
I have no idea, icy. If I had access I would gladly share them and even point you in towards that direction, but the problem is I have no idea if I could be as lucky as you getting access to high res quality artworks and all. It's sad really. BLUER一番 06:31, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- If I'm not mistaken, most of the images I uploaded can be found in gaming websites such as Japanese ones: Famitsu, Gpara, or GameWatch. And surprisingly European gaming websites have access to high quality renders, moreso than the Americans, Jeuxfrance being one of them. BLUER一番 01:05, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
- I agree, about European ones. With the Japanese ones, however, I usually use Babelfish translator with little to no success, and I can't find anything. What do you use? icysugarspike 01:13, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
Title and DisambigsEdit
IMO, we should keep the remake page seeing that the gameplay aspect is significantly different.As for disambigs, yes, that would be the way to go - no need to redirect to a page with a (disambiguation) tag, like what was did in MTWiki. BLUER一番 02:03, 24 July 2009 (UTC)
- Sounds good to me. icysugarspike 02:04, 24 July 2009 (UTC)
The user creation log will record any Wikia accounts made in that certain wiki. Like in the MTWiki, I see user accounts created, but yet they're not making any contribs, which irks me somewhat. Anyway, in your case that just means that there are four Wikia accounts created in the capcomdatabase. BLUER一番 07:37, 24 July 2009 (UTC)
Oy vey... Edit
It's happening again. The MTWiki is in the brink of losing another contributor; but then again ycul has been too radical in his approach in the wiki. It really doesn't make sense how the approaches we've done wasn't agreeable in his eyes and he sought to change it all according to his own taste. Perhaps you have seen most of his edits, which are more or less his own original research and opinions. See Seth or Louis Cyphre (David Bowie wtf?).
I suspect this is also because the sysop rights he got had gone up to his head, and he believes it's his call to decide things in the wiki, especially disregarding the designs we've originally had for the wiki - English wiki catering for our English-speaking readers and all. The same goes with Seventh. They both had not earn adminship through hard work; only because they knew MegaTen in areas others don't, making them think that they're more the wiser.
I do believe that's not how one earns adminship. One has to be a constant editor who contributes without tire. One must also be watchful of the articles being prone to vandalism - ycul does show that he has no regard to how wikis work. Being knowledgeable isn't enough, they must also be neutral in any conditions - but all I see in regards to both the other admins are bias towards the localization - which we owe one for introducing this great series to the English-speaking sphere. I am saddened that I have to work with biased editors.
That said, I surely am not saying that their sysop rights be revoked, but I would caution if there's anymore editors you'd like to give sysop rights. No, icy, I am not questioning your selection process, but merely ask if you could just give time for users to prove that they are the sysops that the wiki needs. All I see know are sysops bickering over their preferences, and a sysop adding questionable content, and not enough actual Atlus content.
You can copy the entirety of the Auto-refreshing RC code into the "Mediawiki:Common.js", there's no personalization as far as I can see. As for the image Randomizer, I think I saw something like that in Wikia Gaming, I'll find out and get back to you. BLUER一番 05:35, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
- For your wiki, it'll be in  BLUER一番 05:48, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
- As for the random image generator, I did a test in Squarewiki:Sandbox, and it was a success!
- The method is to create a special template, such as a "Template:Random Image", copy the appropriate coding which is
It's something user-controlled, so you'll get to place what image you want to see. The software will then randomly pick from the list of images. As for the OST, I'm a fan of video game music ^^. I suppose you can just drop the link in my talk page! Heyyyyy.....what's that metaphor suppose to meeeeeeaaaaannnnnnnn, huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh??????? BLUER一番 06:17, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
Re:Capcom Main PageEdit
Godwilling I have time. Although I'm not sure how you would want the main page to look. BTW, most of the main pages I've design in the past are based on Wikia recommendations and guidelines - what they'd recommend are two main columns, left and right for the page, because they employ ads as illustrated in this example here.
From your message I understand you'd like to retain the list of Categories and Other Games, and the Poll Box, and paste the Main Page Intro and the Random Image Generator somewhere within that space. Which elements would like to be placed on the left column, and which one on the right? Or do you want me to decide on my own?
Oh and as for the Capcom logo, you can resize it by writing the intended pixel size. In editing the "Mainpageintro", you go to this line here "|| [[Image:CapcomLogo1.png|center]]", and write for example: [[Image:CapcomLogo1.png|200px|center]]. I'll do what I can. BLUER一番 16:17, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
- Done. You can see the entirety here. BLUER一番 17:55, 31 July 2009 (UTC)
Thanks. I'm happy to see it on the Main Page, even if there wasn't any images accompanying them. In other news, I've officially taken over bcrat duties in the MTWiki. You don't need to worry about Ycul anymore, he's blocked indefinitely ^^ BLUER一番 16:23, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
- Been so busy. I haven't forgotten about the wiki. Apparently, I need to use Firefox instead of IE because the new version isn't compatible with uploading images on wikis...whew! Did you get all that? Have you heard anything of this sort? icysugarspike 18:46, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
Ad free Edit
Hi! Would you like this wiki to be ad-free? I'm looking for wikis to be part of a new program which would remove all ads from the wiki for $19.95/month.
Thanks Icy! Even though I haven't got as much time to edit wiki as I had long time before, I'll try my best! Hope you can stick around to make articles for us! Happy 2011 and wish you happy holidays! BLUER一番 11:52, January 3, 2011 (UTC)
Hello Icy ^^ Equa-Chan 19:03, March 17, 2011 (UTC)
I have no idea, but it is nice to be back. Equa-Chan 20:40, March 17, 2011 (UTC)
Hey Icy. Just logged in after weeks of being away. Mine is AzulLenoir. Hope you can find me.Im playng FF8 on the PSN myself. Waiting for when English VS is offered at PSNAsia. BLUER一番 09:29, June 12, 2011 (UTC)
Hiya Icy! I was contemplating to rethink the format of the Wiki. So far, I was considering to do away with infoboxes. I think they're a relic of the past and for some reason defeats the purpose of writing an article. I consider that an image would be representable to what the subject is. What say you? BLUER一番 15:46, July 3, 2011 (UTC)
- The community in this wiki is after all you. You have and have always been the heart and soul of the community, running it when it wasnt possibble for me. One thing I would like to do away is any pressingness for notability. The community should be allowed to write whatever is relevant of Square. BLUER一番 16:24, July 3, 2011 (UTC)
Scans Galore! Edit
I see you have hit the jackpot! Those are actual game manual scans!! This is awesome! My japanese has been rusty from lack of use, but let's give it a try. Also... thanks for still working on the wiki :) BLUER一番 15:46, February 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Also, I've been thinking about putting up a list of all the games Square has spawned out so we can actually start on the content based on each game. Do you know where we can get a complete list? BLUER一番 15:51, February 18, 2012 (UTC)